Nick Nakorn on Living the Dream Nigel Sture on Living the Dream Living the Dream | N… on Working around illness when yo… Nicholas Bruce on About Yellow Peril | Nagar… on Blood in the River Blood in the River |… on Yellow Peril Nick Nakorn on Corona Virus Community Re… Nick Nakorn on Corona Virus Community Re… Nick Nakorn on Corona Virus Community Re… sara louise wilson on Corona Virus Community Re… Frances Jaine on Corona Virus Community Re… Pip Harris on Corona Virus Community Re… Nick Nakorn on Corona Virus Community Re… Lynne on Corona Virus Community Re… Nick Nakorn on Corona Virus Community Re…
- Living the Dream
- Hard Reign Falling
- Blood in the River
- Corona Virus Community Response
- Yellow Peril
- More Brexiter lies: No – the Revoke Art. 50 petition is NOT being faked by Russian bots or fraudsters
- These are not the little things: unsanitary conditions on mental health wards
- Goodbye and Good Riddance ya melts
- Out and About in Polyamory
- From the Absurd to the Sublime
- Age Doesn’t Quell The Stirred Heart
- Halal? Is it me you’re cooking for?
- Why Greens in particular should call out and denounce Anthroposophical organisations.
- Working around illness when you’re self-employed.
- The Political Will to Face Environmental Affairs
- All Grooming Gangs
- Forged in the fire of protest: A Prime Minister for the many
- The Guardian censor Ken Loach’s letter
- An Open Letter To Iain McNicol
- VOTE REMAIN
Tag Archives: capitalism
Why the LibCon’s “Big Society” won’t work.
The libertarian ideals that are behind the drive in the UK, the USA and elsewhere for smaller government, lower taxes and a more responsible, ethical and caring civil society are admirable but fatally flawed. Like many people, I have always been hugely attracted to libertarian concepts of personal responsibility and personal freedom but I have also been very aware that attractive ideas are often wrong. As global problems such as poverty, climate change, peak oil and failing economies impinge ever more strongly upon those least able to stand up for themselves, this is the very worst time for political movements to press for welfare systems to be shrunk, cut or dismantled.
The global economy, upon which all
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Big Society, Biodicersity, capitalism, classical Economics, Climate change, communism, Consumrism, drug baron, Global economy, greed, green shift, LibCon, Libertarianism, Military Industrial Complex, oligarch, peak oil, poor, poverty, power, Surplus, Sustainability, sustainable Development, wealth, Welfare Leave a comment